With these sparkling green peas and their mushy bite, this rice dish is a favourite among kids. They love the uncomplicated way of presenting this and would love to dig the spoon and scoop the rice, egg pieces and green peas all at once before craming it into their little mouths!
The best news for mums is that this dish could be made ready within minutes if you have pre-cooked rice. Tossing all up and serve in a jiffy for all the hungry kids coming back from a tiring day at school or from the playground.
Serve this in individual bowls in place of regular plates with colourful spoons for a change! Their eyes will light up at the pretty sight of it !
You will need for 1 serving
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 Onion chopped thinly
- A handful of chopped spring onion or leeks
- A handful of frozen green peas
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
Let’s make it – enough for one kid.
- Heat up a wide wok and melt 2 tbsp of butter
- Throw a handful of thinly chopped onions and brown them
- Throw a handful of frozen green peas. Stir fry
- Add thinly chopped spring onions. Stir fry for a few seconds and push all to a side
- Break an egg or two on to the empty side of the wok and immediately scramble it
- Bring everything together and season with salt and pepper
- Throw a cup of cooked rice and toss under high heat for a minute
- Ready to serve!