This is the best egg rice for kids with a blend of tempting green and white colours. They will love to bite the soft and mushy green peas along with egg pieces with every mouthful.
This is a very quick meal which takes only a few minutes to serve for a bunch of very hungry kids after school.
Serve this in individual bowls with a colourful spoon so that they can enjoy running the spoon through silky rice and green peas before gobbling down the whole bowl of egg rice in a jiffy.
Do not be surprised if they ask for more !!
Let’s make it – enough for one kid.
- Heat up an wide wok and melt 2 tbsp of butter . In this dish using only butter makes a huge difference as it gives a distinct flavour and a nice aroma to it.
- Throw a handful of thinly chopped onions and brown them.
- Throw a handful of green peas. Stir fry.
- Add thinly chopped spring onions. Stir fry for a few seconds and push all to a side.
- Break an egg on to the empty side of the wok and immediately scramble it.
- Bring everything together and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some fish sauce for extra flavour.
- Throw a cup of cooked rice and mix under high heat for a minute.
- Ready to serve!!