This cheesy, meaty and juicy lasagne is a real winner when it comes to feed a crowd. Just one-pot dish with meat, an assortment of veggies, layers of pasta topped with lots of cheese, could be the most satisfying meal for your family or to feed a party of guests.
Rather than making the sauce from scratch, I opted for my favourite Loyds Grossman pasta sauce as it fulfils all the needs of a juicy sauce that enhances the flavours to satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
So, precisely this is not the traditional way of making lasagne, but, it is rather a quick fix, but insanely delicious.
I usually make the pasta-filling, the day before so that it tastes even better, in addition to the whole process becoming much more easier. Also, make a list of ingredients and buy everything from a supermarket and keep ready, in order not to run to the shops in the midst of making it.
So, let’s start.
Gather all these necessary ingredients:
|Napolina Lasagna sheets||1 packet|
|Dolmio lasagna creamy white sauce||1 bottle|
|Loyd Grossman tomato and chili pasta sauce||1 bottle|
|Good quality minced lean beef||500 g|
|Green beans||a handful|
|Baby spinach||3 handfuls|
|Fish sauce||1 tbsp|
|Soy sauce – dark||1 tbsp|
|Bell peppers (red, green, yellow)||1 from each colour|
|Tomato ketch-up and Mayonnaise||2 tbsp each|
|Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella cheese grated||1 cup|
First get the lasanga sheets ready:
- Fill a large pan with water and add a few drops of oil and a few pinches of salt into it
- Boil the water rapidly under high flame
- Arrange lasagna sheets upright around the pan as shown in the picture
- They will slide down slowly while boiling away
- Boil them for 10-15 mins until tender and remove gently and arrange on a tray
- Leave to cool
Let’s make the meat filling now:
- Into a large wok, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Fry the chopped onion and garlic
- Add minced meat. Brown the meat
- Now, push the meat onto a side and drop carrots and beans. (Cut carrots into thin rounds and then into quarters. And beans into small pieces) Stir fry until tender
- Add three bell peppers cut into squares and stir fry
- Add soy sauce and fish sauce
- Add mayonnaise and salt
- Stir fry under medium flame. Do not close the lid
- Now add the Loyd pasta sauce
- Add a handful of Parmesan cheese or Cheddar cheese
- Finally add the spinach and stir fry until the sauce is properly cooked and taste juicy
- Keep to cool
Now pre – heat the oven to 180 C.
Let’s start the fun part of layering the lasagna sheets.
- Get a wide Pyrex dish or oven proof baking dish and rub butter all over
- Spread a layer of meat first
- Then lay lasagna sheets neatly on top to cover the meat
- Next, pour a layer of Dolmio white sauce on top of lasagna sheets
- Another layer of meat goes next
- A layer of Lasagna sheets on top
- Again pour a layer of white sauce
- Keep repeating the same until the layers come to the brim of the dish.
- Now, toss a lot of Parmesan cheese on top
- Finally, sprinkle Mozzarella cheese liberally
- Now, take a sheet of foil and rub olive oil on one side
- Cover the dish with the sheet
- Stick it in the oven and bake for 30-45 mins
- Take the dish out and check if the lasagne is baked enough
- Then, remove the foil and stick the dish again into the oven for 10 mins
(This will melt the cheese into a golden colour)
- Take out and let the dish cool off completely
- Cut into squares and dip a spatula to the bottom and gently lift the pieces out
- Serve warm
- Delicious !