It’s a joy to bake these gorgeous cupcakes in silicon cases and this recipe is just the one for that. The advantage of using silicon cases is that they do not absorb the natural oiliness of the cupcakes. Hence, your cupcakes will have more moisture and glistering look in them. These silicon cases look brand new after a quick wash in warm water and could be used over and over again – very economical, easy and effective indeed.
You need the following items to make these beauties:
|Self raising flour||250 g|
|Stork spread||250 g|
|Caster sugar||250 g|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||4 tbsp heaps|
Two pinches of salt is a must as it helps in blending all flavours.
Let’s make it: Set the oven to 180 C . (Temperature conversion is given under Tips)
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy, using an electric hand mixer. This will take approximately 3 mins. Make sure you beat clockwise.
- Add eggs one at a time. Make sure you beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice and salt and beat for two rounds.
- Mix baking powder to flour and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape.
- Do not use the electric mixer at this point. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything incorporates into a creamy batter.
- Now divide the batter into two separate bowls.
- Add cocoa powder to one bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Next, fill half of a Silicon cupcake case with plain vanilla batter and the other half with chocolate batter. Continue until you fill up all cupcake cases.
- Place the cupcakes in a cupcake baking tray so that they will sit primly without falling over.
- Stick the tray into the oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
- After 15 mins, open the oven door and gently press the top of a cupcake. If it springs back to the same position, your cupcakes are ready to remove from the oven. If not, shut the door and let them bake for further 5 mins.
- Take the tray out of the oven and peel off the Silicon cases and let the cakes rest on a wire rack.
Enjoy the pretty sight of your Dainty double cupcakes and taste the buttery and chocolaty texture.