Kids will love this jelly dessert as it is much more yummier than the plain jelly with custard that they usually served with. The creamier top, combined with smooth but firmer texture of the jelly, will surely make it their favourite dessert the moment they taste it !!
You need only these ingredients :
- Two packs of Hartley’s strawberry jelly or any strawberry jelly
- Condensed milk 1/2 cup
- gelatin 1 tsp
- water 3 tbsps
It is easy to make and the procedure is as follows:
- Make Strawberry jelly as instructed in the pack and remember to sprinkle 1/4 tsp of gelatin when it is boiling away in the pan so that the jelly will set firmer than the usual.
- Place in the fridge in a Pyrex dish to set fully.
- Pour 1/2 cup of condensed milk in a pan and add 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat it up in a low flame while running through a spoon until the bubbles start foaming. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of gelatin and quickly stir through to desolve it. Switch off the flame and stir until cool, otherwise little lumps might foam and spoil it’s smooth texture.
- Once it is cooled off completely, pour evenly on the already set jelly and place the dish back in the fridge.
- After 2-3 hrs you will see the condensed milk layer has set firmly on top of the strawberry jelly.
- Cut into equal size squares and serve.
- Yummy !!!
- Gelatin powder should be added to hot water not the other way around. The best method is to sprinkle it holding above hot water.
- I use Hatley’s brand which is very reliable. Boil 500 ml of water and drop the whole cube of jelly into it, continue boiling for a few more mins and sprinkle gelatin powder onto it. The gelatin powder immediately dissolves.
- Before pouring jelly from the pan to the Pyrex dish, wash it with cold water. The cool water droplets in the surface will let you cut the jelly in perfect squares once it is properly set.