Everyone has to suffer from common cold from time to time, in proportions to the fluctuations of weather, especially during the transition periods between the seasons in temperate countries.
Both summer colds and winter colds are distressing, equally for children and adults. The most, upsetting fact is that there is no definite medication for common cold, caused by rapidly-evolving viruses. There are, however, many wonderful home remedies, which work very effectively on a catalogue of symptoms of common cold.
The Ayurvedic remedy that I share with you contains black pepper, coriander and ginger, two wonderful herbs; the colds buster was passed on to me by one of the renowned Ayurvedic Physician in Sri Lanka; it is highly effective, if used regularly during the period of discomfort; in addition, you don’t have to worry about side effects, as there is none.
Coriander seeds, when pan roasted, generate heat and ginger, being a natural anti-viral, has many qualities to fight against common colds. Its natural antihistamine and decongestant targets cold symptoms and ease out the symptoms. Also, Pepper corns are widely known in the Asian region as the enemy of coughs!!!
So, let’s make this home remedy while using the essential ingredients in the right proportions:
- Take a cup of whole coriander and pan roast them until crispy. ( don’t blacken them)
- Pan roast 1/2 cup of thinly chopped good quality root ginger, a few garlic cloves and a handful of black pepper corns.
- Now grind both together into a coarse powder.
- Store in an air-tight glass bottle.
- Before bed-time take a tablespoon of this powder and drop it to a small pan with a teaspoon of sugar. Pour 2 cups of water.
- Boil under low flame until 2 cups brew into 1 cup.
- Sip slowly, sniffing the aroma.
Your distressing cold symptoms will pass in no time.
Get well soon!