This chocolate fudge pudding is oozing out with sticky chocolate sauce; used to be a very popular dessert reserved only for the aristocracy during the reign of Queen Victoria. Delicious in every mouthful, you can go for a second helping without a trace of guilt, for it has no heavy cream or a great amount of fat. This is a real treat for kids, served with juicy strawberries on side.
What you need for the Pudding :
|Self – raising flour||85 g|
|Caster sugar||115 g|
|Cocoa powder||2 tbsp heaps|
|A few drops of vanilla|
|A pinch of salt|
For the chocolate sauce you need :
- Soft brown sugar- 115 g
- Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
- Hot water- 300 ml
Let’s make the pudding first :
- Set the Oven to 180 Celsius (Pls see the oven temperature conversion under Baking / Tips & Techniques)
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour and cocoa powder and sieve on to the batter.
- Add Milk, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Mix thoroughly until all come together as a creamy batter.
- Spoon in to a wide Pyrex / oven proof dish.
Now make the sauce :
- Combine sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
- Add hot water gradually, mixing continuously until it will appear to be a thin chocolate brown liquid.
- Now pour the sauce over the pudding batter very slowly, letting it spread across.
- Cover with a foil, leaving an edge open for steam to escape.
- Bake 30 – 40 mins.
- Insert a wooden skewer and if it comes clean, then your pudding is done!!
- Take out from the oven and let it cool completely. A thick chocolate sauce will have coated around the sponge. Spoon a few spoonfuls of it on the top.
- Leave to cool.
- Place in the fridge and serve chilled.
- Yummy !!