Oozing with creamy chocolate melts, this fudge cake will set your mouth watering, Just by seeing before you take a bite out of it! You can make the fudge cream on the previous day and store it in the fridge to make the process easier and quicker. Just heat up the fudge in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt and pour over the cake. Easy !!!
This cake could be served as a dessert after an elaborated supper. Your guests will love to relax on the sofa and indulge in this divine treat while listening to some Jazz. And you will not fail to sigh in contentment and pride !!!
Three cheers to this beauty!!!
What you need:
|Self raising flour||300 g|
|Butter/Margarine/Stork spread||300 g|
|Caster sugar||300 g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||4 tbsp|
|Salt||2 pinches (a must)|
|Double cream||2 tbsp|
Let’s make it: Set the oven to 180 C . (Temperature conversion for ovens is given under Tips)
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy, using an electric hand mixer. This will take approximately 3 mins. Make sure you beat clockwise.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Make sure you beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice, salt and beat for two rounds.
- Mix baking powder, flour and cocoa powder and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape.
- Do not use the electric mixer at this point. Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything turns into a creamy batter.
- Add double cream and milk. Mix all together.
- Line up a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon the batter into the baking tray and flatten with a spatula.
- Lift up the tray and drop it twice onto your kitchen-top gently, allowing the batter to spread and settle evenly on the try.
- Pop it in to the oven for 20-30 mins depending on your oven.
- Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake and if it comes clean, your cake is ready.
- Take it out from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slowly remove from the tray and place it on a cooling rack. Let the cake cool down completely.
- Dip a long bread knife in hot water, wipe clean and slice the cake into two slices. Cut the cake into four and then slice if you find it is difficult to slice the full cake.
- Your cake must cool off completely to lay fudge on top. This will take upto 2 hrs.
Let’s make the Fudge now. Get the following ingredients ready:
|Icing sugar||1/2 cup|
|Double cream||1/4 cup|
|Butter/Stork spread||50 g|
|Milk chocolate buttons||110 g|
|Cocoa powder||3 tbsp|
- In a small glass bowl place chocolate drops, butter and double cream.
- Place a wider pan on stove and fill it with hot water.
- Dip the small glass bowl into the wide pan.
- Stir slowly until chocolates melt along with butter and cream.
- If the chocolates are hard, heat up the pan with water under very light flame.
- Add sieved icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Take out from the pan and stir until you are left with a creamy chocolaty melt.
- Leave to cool.
- With the help of a flat knife or spatula pat the creamy chocolate melt onto the bottom layer of the cake. Place the top layer, remove the upper crust with a help of a long knife and press down softly so that both layers stick together properly.
- Pour chocolate cream on the top layer. Let it slide from top and drip down.
- Sprinkle some decorative sprinkles or you can simply shave a white chocolate to have nice white curly shaves on top.
- Enjoy !
Click on THE