Gorgeous as they look, these chocolate cupcakes will become a sensation in any party. Super easy to make, you simply have to follow the same chocolate cake recipe, fill the paper cupcake-cases and bake them.
The chocolate butter icing with its unique buttery taste is just right for topping the cakes up or you can make the chocolate fudge icing for a more festive looking cupcakes.
Both recipes for chocolate butter icing and fudge icing are given below:
Happy party time !!
Get ready with the following ingredients :
|Self raising flour||300 g|
|Stork spread/Butter/ Magerine||300 g|
|Caster sugar||300 g|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Salt||3 pinches ( a must)|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||4 tbsp heaps|
|Plain full fat yogurt (optional) this is to make the cake more moist||1 tbsp|
Let’s make it:
Set the oven to 180 C . (Temperature conversion chart is given under Tips)
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy, using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon juice, salt and beat for two rounds.
- Mix baking powder, flour and cocoa powder and sieve onto the cake batter, holding the sieve well above it, allowing the air to escape.
- Fold the flour gently with a wooden spoon until everything turns into a creamy batter.
- Mix milk and yogurt and add. Give a good mix with a wooden spoon going clockwise.
- Fill paper cupcake cases with the batter leaving a little room from top allowing the cake to rise.
- Place the cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray for them to stay steady and neat.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 mins. In the first 10 min do not open the oven door.
- Insert a skewer into the middle of one of the cakes and if it comes clean, it’s ready.
- Take it out from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Slowly remove the cupcakes from the tray and place them on a cooling rack to cool off completely. This will take 1 hr at least.
- Your cakes are ready to ice now.
To make the chocolate butter icing you need :
|Icing sugar||300 g|
|Stork spread or butter||125 g|
|Cocoa powder||5 tbsp|
|Lemon||a few drops|
|Vanilla||a few drops|
|Sprinklers to decorate|
- Sieve icing sugar and cocoa powder together from a sieve on to a bowl.
- Add butter and beat together until creamy.
- Add milk, vanilla and lemon.
- Your chocolate icing is ready.
- Cover the cupcakes with chocolate icing one by one with a flat knife, often dipping it in warm water. Or, you can use a piping bag e in cake icing kits to have a more elegant look.
- Throw some sprinklers on .
- Done !!
To make the Chocolate fudge icing you will need:
|Icing sugar||1/2 cup|
|Double cream||1/4 cup|
|Butter/Stork spread||50 g|
|Milk chocolate buttons||110 g|
|Cocoa powder||3 tbsp|
- In a small glass bowl place chocolate drops, butter and double cream.
- Place a wider pan on stove and fill it with hot water.
- Dip the small glass bowl into the wide pan.
- Stir slowly until chocolates melt along with butter and cream.
- If the chocolates are hard, heat up the pan with water under very light flame.
- Add sieved icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Take out from the pan and stir until you are left with a creamy chocolaty melt.
- Leave to cool.
- Pour chocolate fudge cream on to the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle some decorative sprinkles.
- Enjoy !