Nothing makes you more miserable than a steady string of sneezes that followed by a runny nose and a throbbing headache. You instantly know that this misery will last at least a couple of days. So, try this smooth and silky soup with vibrant colours that could instantly make you feel better, true to the age old belief that chicken soup has a magical power to soothe away the cold symptoms hastening the recovery.
I have added a variety of colourful vegetables into this soup and the noodles and potatoes in it make the soup a more nourishing and a filling one. You could also make this as a hearty dinner choice, ideal for winter months for the whole family.
What you need:
|Maggi noodles (plain)||1 pkt|
|Leeks or spring onions||1 bunch|
|Knor soup cube (Chicken flavour)||1|
|Potatoes||4 – 5 new potatoes|
Let’s make :
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. A few bony pieces could make the soup more flavourful.
- Cut carrots into thin rounds, green beans into 1 inch pieces, leek or spring onions into small pieces.
- Chop the onion , cut the potato into chunk and slice the garlic cloves.
- Now add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a heavy bottom pan heat it up.
- Add chopped onions and garlic. Saute.
- Add carrots , potato and green beans.
- Add the white parts of leeks or spring onions. Saute all a few mins.
- Now add the chicken pieces and fry all together until the chicken becomes white.
- Add 2 or a bit more glasses of water, cover and boil under medium flame.
- In 15 mins all the veggies and chicken will be cooked. If not, cover and boil for further few mins.
- Crush the noodle packet and add to the pot and in 2 mins they will be cooked.
- Now, crush the soup cube and add to the pot. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low flame for 5 mins.
- Serve piping hot with a few buttered toasts.