This classic Chinese dish could be everyone’s favourite and the most sorted in the net. No doubt that we all love Chinese food simply because of their unique mouthwatering flavours. The whole process of cooking this delicious dish is quite simple and less time consuming than you think it is, once you gather all the necessary ingredients.
The generous amount of vegetables used in this recipe make it much more healthier than a typical take a way. If you prefer more veggies, go for carrots, broccoli or even cauliflower, which could add more flavours, nutrition value as well as quantity to this dish.
I recommend Amoy brand sauces for your Chinese dishes for its authentic Oriental taste and aroma.
Serve this with steaming basmati rice, jasmine or on a bed of noodles and try picking the pieces with a pair of chopsticks!
What you need:
|Chicken breast / thighs (cut into bite size pieces)||250 g|
|Bell peppers (yellow, green, red)||1/2 each|
|Black bean sauce||1 pkt / 3 tbsp|
|Spring onions||1 bunch|
|Salt and pepper|
|Corn flour||1 tbsp|
|Red Chili – long||1 seeded cut in to stripes|
Let’s make :
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Saute onions, add garlic and chili .
- Add chicken and stir fry in high heat until chicken turn into light golden.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
- Squeeze the lemon on and keep frying.
- Add peppers and spring onions.
- Add Black bean sauce to the wok. Keep stir frying.
- Add cornflour to 1 tbsp of warm water and mix into a paste and add to the chicken.
- Combine everything properly and check the taste.
- Take the wok out of the flame and let it rest for 5 mins to let all the juices blend nicely.
- Serve hot!