1st Step : Make the dough for rotis
You will need :
|All purpose flour||3 cups|
|Olive oil (Any cooking oil would do)||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
Knead it :
- Rub flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and oil together
- Add lukewarm water little by little and knead for about 5 – 8 mins until the dough doesnt stick on to your fingers
- Divide into equal sized balls giving an extra kneed to each ball
- Rub oil on each ball. Place on a tray a little apart from each other
- Cover with a wet tea towel or a cling film and let them rest at least an hour
Try this egg roti version for kids.
- Beat 3 eggs in a bowl and keep aside.
- Spray oil on the pan, flatten a dough ball and lay it on the hot pan.
- Pour some of the egg mixture onto the roti, being careful not to let it spread beyond the edges.
- Throw a handful of chopped onions, spring onions, chili powder and salt.
- Once the egg is almost cooked, slowly fold the roti into half or bring all corners to the front.
- Cook both sides until no raw egg bits are left,
- Cut into equal size triangles and serve with ketchup.
- Understandably, this will be irresistible for adults too. Serve them egg roti triangles with a steaming cup of plain tea with ginger pieces floating on top.