I am proud of giving out this particular recipe for what I call, the best home-made Pizza ever!! The good news about this Pizza is that you are fully aware of the ingredients that go into it and you can enjoy making toppings to satisfy everybody’s taste buds at home.
The second good news is that all the ingredients are widely available in supermarkets; In addition, no unhealthy MSG/Chinese salt is a part of it; instead, it is an interesting blend of vegetables, meats or fish.
The special Italian style sauce in this recipe is the secret to give this pizza it’s own unique and delicious taste. You can make it in the previous day and store it in the fridge to make the process quicker and easier.
Finally, do not hesitate to throw as much as cheese you would like on top to make it more cheesy!! Grate some Parmesan cheese and mix it with Mozzarella cheese to make it more yummier and bubblier!!
What you need : (For two large size pizzas)
My bread machine makes the dough so there is no hassle in sweating over kneading the flour. If you do not have a bread machine to handle this task you can simply buy the frozen pizza base from supermarkets. However, I always feel making this from scratch gives you the best of flavours and full credit to the glory of the outcome !!
So, let’s make the dough as follows:
What you need for the dough:
|Plain flour||500 g|
|Water||1/2 cup warm|
Let’s make the dough :
- Pour 1/2 cup of warm water gradually onto dry yeast and mix thoroughly. Keep aside.
- Break the egg into the 1/2 cup of milk and whisk.
- Add sugar, butter and salt to the milk and egg and combine all together.
- Now pour over the flour. Kneed until all come together as a ball and no longer sticking onto your fingers. If you need a bit more water to get the right texture of the flour , add a little more warm water.
- Cover with a cling film and keep at a warm place for 2 – 3 hrs until it’s ready to roll out for pizza.
In the meantime, make the sauce as follows:
|Pasata||1 packet (300 g)|
|Onion granulates||1 tsp|
|Majoram (dried)||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Grated Padano cheese||4 tbsp (grated)|
|Mozzarella cheese||500 g (grated)|
- Mix them all together properly , cover and store in the fridge for 1/2 hr.
Now prepare the toppings:
- Slice mushrooms, red onions, red, green and orange bell peppers. I personally do not like to add tomatoes as it gives a bit of a watery taste to the flavours. But, if you are a fan of sweet and sour taste of tomatoes, thinly slice them, remove the seeds and add to the topping.
- Halve green and black olives.
- Open a can of tuna and squeeze the brine out.
- Prepare the chicken.
Chicken tandoori topping :
Mix chicken breast bite size pieces with olive oil, a little chili powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, orange food powder colour and salt , keep aside a few minutes and bake under 200 C oven.
Now dress your pizza up: Have fun doing this with kids.
- Take the Pizza sauce out of the fridge, give a gentle stir and pour evenly on your two pizzas.
- Toss veggies. You can add a thinly sliced green chili for a fiery taste!!
- Sprinkle tuna for a fishy taste.
- Spread tandoori chicken pieces on the other pizza.
- Spread all bell peppers.
- Toss olives green and black both and sliced onions.
- On top sprinkle lots and lots of grated Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Finally sprinkle Padano grated cheese for an enhanced flavour.
Bake in pre-heated oven under 200 C in the middle of the oven for 15 min or until the top of the pizza gets golden brown. A mouth-watering aroma will give you the signal that it is ready!!
- Once, taken out of the oven, let the pizza rest for a while before running the pizza cutting roller through.
- Enjoy !!