Now, this is something insanely simple for busy mums, who are eager to make a hassle free, yummy dinner for hungry kids. Undoubtedly, kids love pizza and they will be delighted to at the sight of these homemade yummy treat.
The choice is endless: you can, for instance, toss any of your favourite toppings to make it look and taste nicer. My little son’s favourite is canned tuna flakes, tossed around with sliced onions and lots of black olives. Perfect! A real balanced, healthy meal indeed!!
If you have pre-baked or roasted chicken, simply spread it on. Otherwise, simple veggie pizza would taste yummy too.
So, let’s get ready with the easy-to-find ingredients:
- Keep ready Sliced onions, tomatoes, black olives, tuna flakes, bell-peppers, Jalapeno etc.
- Oregano gives the distinct aroma of pizzas, so it’s a must have.
- Also, get ready with ketchup and several slices of bread.
- And, lots and lots of Mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese.
Let’s make :
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Place some bread slices on a wire-rack.
- Slowly, place the wire-rack in the middle of the oven.
- Leave just 1 min and take out. (This will make the top side of the slices slightly crusty)
- Now, flip the the bread slices over : crusty side down and the soft side up.
- Spread a generous amount of ketchup on each slice.
- Toss sliced onions, olives and thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Spread pre-cooked chicken or tuna flakes.
- Sprinkle oregano, a little salt and pepper.
- Tiny pieces of green chili if you want it hot!!
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese.
- Finally, toss a lot of mozzarella cheese on top.
- All ready !! into the oven now!!
- Baking time will take only 5 mins.
- Your beautiful bread pizzas are ready to serve with a dollop of ketchup or chili sauce.
- Tell me about all the compliments you receive from kids!!